THE OLD TEN COMMANDMENTS OF ROCK & ROLL
1.Suck up to the top cats.
2.Do not express independent opinions.
3.Do not work for the common interest, only factional interests.
4.If there’s nothing to complain about, dig up some old gripe.
5.Do not respect property or persons other than band property or persons.
6.Make devastating judgments on persons and situations without adequate
7.Discourage and confound personal, technical and/or creative projects.
8.Single out absent persons for intense criticism.
9.Remember that anything you don’t understand is trying to fuck with you.
10.Destroy yourself physically and morally and insist that all true brothers
do likewise as an expression of unity.
THE NEW 10 COMMANDMENTS FOR RECORDING ARTISTS AND BANDS
By Christopher Knab (2010)
1. Never suck up to the top brass at record labels.
2. Always express your independent opinions.
3. Always work for the common interest AND watch out for any factional interests.
4. If there is nothing to complain about, stay on the track you have chosen.
5. Always respect property and the persons you work with AND your own property and your fan’s/gatekeeper's property as well.
6. Never make rash judgments on persons without knowing for sure what you are talking about.
7. Encourage and praise personal, technical and realistic creative projects, as long as they prove to be working.
8. Do not single out anyone or put blame on others for your mistakes.
9. Remember that anything you don’t understand about the inner workings of the music business is your fault, and no one else’s.
10. Strengthen yourself physically and morally, but don’t expect others to do the same.